Chris Hagge, Director of Account Management at Container Centralen
- CC commenced USA operations in 2004 and is a subsidiary of the Danish company that operates the `Danish trolley pool’ which is used extensively throughout Europe for shipment of live plants.
- Container Centralen (CC) offers a pool of shipping carts for delivery of live plants to retailers, and or for shipment of live plants between growers within North America.
- Container Centralen Delivery Services (CCDS) is a full service, asset-based logistics division of CC allowing us to assist Growers with transportation of racks to both Farm and/or Retail.
- Other Services provided between CC and CCDS include Cross Dock, Forward Pick, Consolidation, as well as Tracking of Grower Owned Assets. These services help reduce transportation cost and overall supply chain waste for our growers.
- Each year, CC adds carts to its pool to ensure each Customer has access to the quantity of racks they need for shipping their product. For 2022, Customers will have access to ~750,000 racks from ~45 depot location in North America. Tracking of the all CC carts is achieved via an award-winning RFID system.
- Approximately 350 grower locations currently ship racks using CC’s services. CC Customers are making deliveries on CC carts to more than 25,000 locations across North America including major retail garden centers, and an increasing number of independent garden centers.
Making Your Products Move.
Container Centralen, Inc (CC, Inc) provides the North American horticultural industry with a unique alternative to disposable packaging or grower-owned equipment for the delivery of live plants to garden center retailers. CC provides customers with:
- Access to a pool of approximately 400,000 shipping racks/carts.
- A choice of rental services to accommodate different customer requirements.
- The opportunity to deliver CC equipment to over 12,000 garden center locations including large `box store’ retailers’, `club/specialty’ retailers, and numerous independent garden centers.
- Leading edge RFID-based reporting/tracking systems.
- A unique and powerful system for recovery of racks/carts from retail stores. By using the combined the combined freight resources of CC and Customers, the CC recovery system reaches more stores more often and speeds the recovery of CC equipment from retail locations.
- The option to use CC’s leading edge asset tracking systems for `customer-owned assets’. This allows Customers to have one system for their combined CC and grower-owned rack activities.
- Newly launched Logistics Services (via a CC partner company) that allow CC to assist Customers with freight and other services to assist delivery of live plants to retail stores.
CC’s services allow growers to significantly expand their market reach or expand their delivery capacity via a sustainable packaging system which can also provide lower costs than disposable packaging or grower-owned equipment.