Owner Pierson Nurseries Inc
I am the owner-operator of Pierson Nurseries, a wholesale nursery grower and rewholesaler located in Dayton Maine. We have been supplying plants to the landscape contractors, nurseries and retail garden centers in New England since 1977. We employ 20+ people at our facility. The nursery is approximately 125 acres of land producing a full line of woody and herbaceous plants in balled and burlap, containers and bare root. We are the largest nursery grower in the state of Maine. We grow about 50% of what we sell. I have been involved in the company full time since 2004. In that time, I have been involved in all facets of our daily operations along with future production planning and business growth.
Since 1973 serving the Northeast.
Our nursery now consists of over 50 acres of field, 10 acres of B&B holding area, 6 acres for wetland production and an 12 acres of container area, all under irrigation. Native and wetland plants are now one third to one half of all plant sales due to their increased role in all landscapes.
- Our goal at Pierson Nurseries, Inc. is to continue to provide high quality trees, shrubs, perennials, wetland and native plants to the trade.
- Pierson Nurseries, Inc. practices a good neighbor policy. This includes minimal pesticide applications, soil erosion control, water retention, noise and odor reduction and a neat overall appearance.
- We are a wholesale nursery selling a full line of field and container plants, specializing in native and wetland materials.
- We offer contract growing for large or unusual orders.
- A large selection of Container, B&B and Wetland plants are available for commercial customers.
- We deliver more than 60% of the material we sell.
- All water is recycled or directed to our swales and ponds for settling out particulates and nutrients.