President/CFO at North Creek Nurseries
Founded in 1988 by Dale Hendricks and Steve Castorani, North Creek is a propagation nursery that supplies starter plugs to wholesale and retail nurseries. We have a large selection of perennials, grasses and ferns with an emphasis on new varieties and Eastern North American natives and their cultivars.
North Creek also produces many native plants in larger Landscape Plugs™ that are used in restoration projects and by highway departments, municipalities and conservation societies. We pride ourselves on providing beautiful plants and exceptional service to customers throughout North America.
North Creek Nurseries ... Great Plants Start Here!
WHOLESALE TO THE TRADE ONLY
As a wholesale propagation nursery, North Creek Nurseries provides top quality starter plugs to retail & wholesale nurseries, garden centers, mail order and landscape professionals. From new varieties to tried-and-true favorites, ornamentals to treasured natives, we offer a full range of horticultural and Landscape Plug™ sizes to help growers succeed and ecological designs thrive. We specialize in perennials, ornamental grasses, ferns & vines with an emphasis on Eastern US natives.
Where Horticulture meets Ecology North Creek strives to promote sustainable outdoor environments. As a wholesale propagation nursery, we specialize in growing starter plants or plugs of perennials, ornamental grasses, ferns, vines and shrubs with an emphasis on Eastern US native plants. Our plants are used by wholesale growers and landscape contractors. Landscape Plugs™ provide planting solutions for ecological projects including storm water management, soil stabilization, landscape restoration and habitat establishment. Our vision is to be a leader in the development and practice of sustainable horticultural systems while delighting our customers.
There’s something for everyone here at the Creek!
Growers – Our horticultural availability for all liners is published on our website daily in both Excel® and PDF® formats. Production is forecasted out two crop dates to allow you to book orders and reserve your crops ahead of time before they sell out.
Landscape Professionals – We have an extensive selection of Landscape Plugs™ to meet virtually all your landscape installation needs, in LP50 and LP32 plug sizes that are easy to transport, install & establish to ensure your project’s success. Check out our current and future availabilities here.
Home Gardeners – Although we do not sell directly to the public, we can offer a wealth of plant information, resources and ideas to keep your gardens humming with life. Find your favorite online retailer or local retail nursery here, and be sure to ask nationwide for our American Beauties Native Plants® brand at your nearest independent garden center!
Bringing Life to Your Garden
American Beauties Native Plants® is a ground breaking program that offers proven solutions for your landscape while creating beautiful garden habitats for desirable wildlife. American Beauties take the guesswork out of native plant gardening by providing plants and landscape solutions that fit your site.
Find the best native plants all dressed up in distinctively branded pots along with fact-filled tags and instructive handouts at your local Garden Center. By purchasing American Beauties Native Plants® you will be supporting the National Wildlife Federation's efforts to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.
North Creek Nurseries is proud to offer American Beauties Native Plants® branded kits with over 50 varieties of native perennials, ornamental grasses, ferns and vines. Our knowlegeable sales team will help you assemble an attractive native plant selection tailored to your sales needs. We take the guesswork out of building and selling native plant programs.
- Fact Filled Plant Tag w/ Tag Stake
- Distinctively Branded Containers
- American Beauties Native Plants® Branded Kits cost $1.18/plant and includes a $.30 marketing fee (Native Plant Liner sold separately)
Every American Beauties Native Plant® sold directly benefits the National Wildlife Federation™ and their work to create sustainable backyard habitats for you and beneficial wildlife.
For additional information about American Beauties Native Plant® visit: www.ABnativeplants.com
To purchase American Beauties native shrubs visit: www.SpringMeadowNursery.com
Why carry the American Beauties Native Plants® brand?
- American Beauties Native Plants® positions your nursery and garden center as a friend of the environment
- Distinctively branded American Beauties Native Plants® products allow you to create a store within a store, resulting in greater turnover and increased profits
- American Beauties Native Plants® create a new marketing opportunity while generating an additional source of revenue
What do American Beauties Native Plants® offer your
nursery and garden center?
- Exciting products that stand out from traditional black pot inventory
- An attractive store display that differentiates your business
- High profile exposure on the AB and NWF Web sites
- The best way to satisfy your environmentally-conscious customers
- Tie-in sales potential with wildlife products you already carry
What do American Beauties Native Plants® offer your customers?
- Beautiful, easy-to-grow plants that attract colorful wildlife
- Helpful garden designs with year-round ornamental interest
- Attractive alternatives to invasive plants
- Exciting products for environmentally-friendly lifestyles
- A Web site with plant information to ensure native plant gardening success
- Adapt to our soils and climate
- Attract birds and butterflies
- Offer food and shelter for many species all year long
- Require less care and watering when established
- Thrive with less fertilizer and disease control
- Provide carefree beauty
- Solve landscape problems that many non-natives can't
- Make it easy to be successful in the home landscape
- Are rewarding for you and your landscape critters
- Benefit the educational programs of the National Wildlife Federation
See your garden come alive with the beauty of nature.
Download Additional Information
Welcome! Our corporate office & gardens are located in the beautiful countryside of Landenberg, PA. Customer Service is available here via telephone Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm EST. We look forward to speaking with you!
FOR PLANT PICKUP & SHIPPING:
Customer order pickups may be arranged at the time you place your order. Please note, plant pickups are not available from our Landenberg office - the pickup location is at our shipping facility in Oxford, PA ONLY.
Plant pickup hours are Tuesday through Friday, from 7:30am to 3:30pm EST, at the following address:
North Creek Nurseries - Plant Pickup & Shipping
124 Wedgewood Road
Oxford, PA 19363
Hours of Operation
|Corporate Office, Landenberg, PA: Monday-Friday||8:00am-5:00pm|
|Plant Pickup & Shipping, Oxford, PA: Tuesday-Friday||7:30am-3:30pm|
Directions to North Creek Nurseries - Corporate Office
388 North Creek Road
Landenberg, PA 19350
From US Route 1
Take the PA-841 exit toward West Grove, then follow PA-841 South. Turn right at the stop sign to follow PA-841/Evergreen St. Turn left at the traffic light in West Grove to continue on PA-841 South/Prospect Ave. At the third stop sign, turn right to continue on PA-841 South/Wickerton Rd. At the next stop sign, continue straight onto North Creek Road (leaving PA-841). Our driveway is 0.2 miles ahead on the right.
Directions to Customer Pickup/Shipping Facility:
124 Wedgewood Road
Oxford, PA 19363
From the North
Take US-1 South to the PA-10 exit toward Cochranville/Oxford. Turn right at the end of the ramp to follow PA-10 South. Keep straight for 2.8 miles, passing through downtown Oxford. Turn right onto Wedgewood Road – there is a Cameron’s True Value hardware store on the corner just before the turn. Our facility is a half mile ahead on the left. Please follow the signs around to the customer pickup area in the back.
From the South
Take I-95 North to Exit 100 for MD-272. Turn left onto MD-272 North and follow for 7.6 miles, crossing into PA. After the state line, keep STRAIGHT onto Barnsley Road, leaving PA-272. After the railroad tracks, continue straight for a quarter mile, as Barnsley Road becomes Baltimore Pike. Turn left onto Wedgewood Road; there is a Cameron’s True Value hardware store on the corner. Our facility is a half mile ahead on the left. Please follow the signs around to the customer pickup area in the back.
WHOLESALE TO THE TRADE ONLY
As a wholesale propagation nursery, North Creek Nurseries provides top quality starter plugs to retail & wholesale nurseries, garden centers and landscape professionals in the horticultural trade.
Nursery & Landscape Professionals: Please refer to our Availability Filesfor current and upcoming plant availability quantities and ready dates.
Home Gardeners: North Creek does not sell directly to the public. Please visit ourRetail Sources page to locate your nearest retail nursery or visit an online plant retailer.
Orders may be placed by:
Phone: 610-255-0100 or 877-ECO-PLUG
Order Form: Available here
Online: Existing customers, please log in at the top of the page; New customers, please register here.
Broker: For a list of brokers we work with, please click here
• First-time Customers: $500 minimum order
• Existing Customers: One flat minimum
• Minimum order per variety: One tray
• Minimum truck shipment: 35 flats
• For US orders: 3:00 pm EST, Thursday, the week prior to your ship date EXCEPT for inspection states (AZ, CA, ID, MT, OR, UT, WA), which require three week lead time.
• For Canadian shipments: 3:00 pm EST, Thursday, three weeks prior to your ship date.
• Cancellations: please see below
• Pot tags are available at an additional charge and are not automatically included with your order – if you require tags, please request them when placing your order.
• Tags are required for certain patented varieties where noted.
• Tags are bundled and sold to match the quantity of plants per tray - what you need is what you get!
• We accept all major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express) for prepayment of your order.
• For new customers - pay quickly and easily by credit card, or fill out a credit application (available online or by fax) if you would like to request Net 30 day terms. Please allow up to 3 weeks to process.
• For customers with terms - all bills are due at net in 30 days. A finance charge of 2% per month (24% per year) will be added to any bills left unpaid after 30 days. Accounts showing 60 days past due will automatically be put on hold and no orders will be accepted until payment arrangements have been made. All available or accrued discounts will be forfeited until the account has been brought up to date. A $30 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
• ACH or wire transfer options are available for fast and easy payment; please firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Substitutions & Shortages
• In the event of shortages or delays, we will notify customers to arrange rescheduled shipments.
• We will not make substitutions or reschedule orders without prior customer approval.
• We are happy to discuss growing a crop in your chosen size or a variety not listed in our catalog, please fill out our Custom Grow Request form.
• Minimum quantity per variety may vary; please contact Sales Director Kevin Staso for details and inquiries.
• Custom orders cannot be cancelled once production has begun.
• Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to ship or pickup date will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
• Cancellations on custom orders are not accepted once production has begun.
Full Terms & Conditions – Click Here
Full Shipping Information – Click Here
You are guaranteed to receive healthy, disease free plants that are true to name. We will gladly replace or issue full credit for plants proven to be incorrectly represented. Plants are guaranteed to be alive and viable upon arrival. Our plants are not meant to be ready for retail sale and may have been cut back for shipping purposes. In the winter months, some plants ship in a dormant state and may have no visible growth above the soil line. Due to a wide range of grower experience and nursery conditions we cannot guarantee successful growth after potting, but please let us know about any disappointments you experience. We may be able to recommend a solution.
When You Receive the Plants
Count your boxes and inspect for major damage while the driver is present. Please unpack and examine plants immediately upon arrival. Check for errors right away and contact us immediately if you have received the wrong quantity or plug size, or if you are dissatisfied with the quality of your shipment. Please check the roots of dormant plants for health and vigor.
How Best to Extract Your Plugs
Pulling on the crown of the plant can break roots at the stem; using a spatula or small tool while pushing the plug up from the bottom will help remove the plug.
How to Handle Dormant Plants
In the cooler months, some flats you receive will contain dormant plants. In our experience it is best to allow these plants to break dormancy in their flats prior to potting up in larger containers. Place flats in a warm greenhouse and wait for buds to break before transplanting. Dormant plants require a minimal amount of watering – this reduces the risk of crown and root rot before active growth begins.
Please inspect your shipment immediately upon arrival. No claims will be allowed for shortages or errors unless reported within 5 business days of receipt of goods. We are not liable for the productivity of plants once they are potted or planted since we have no control over their management when they arrive at your site.
Download Additional Information